Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Saran Wrap nails!

Crinkling up saran wrap and smashing it onto your polish sounds like fun, doesn't it?  I figured this would be an excellent opportunity to see if I could salvage a chipped manicure with this method.  I don't like crackles, another way to hide chips (even though I think they look like chipped polish anyway), so this was a method I was excited to try!

First, my old manicure.  Not bad for almost a week of wear, but still pretty raggedy:

Next, with a layer of polish painted on and then saran wrap smashed into the wet polish (done one nail at a time, to prevent issues with dry polish getting gummed up):

LOVE IT.  The peeks of blue through the copper?  Perfection!  I'm going to have to try different color combos, I love this style!




I'm really honored to be able to participate in Artsy Wednesday, and you should all DEFINITELY check out these other, very talented Artsy Wednesday participants.  

8 comments:

  1. Great fall color combo! What was the base color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julep Gunta (one coat) with Fantasy Fire over (one coat).

      Delete
  2. I love the hints of fantasy fire that peek through

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Good work! Love the recycled mani, and you just made it even more amazing and complex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Copper and blue is such a good combination! :)

    ReplyDelete