Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Artsy Wednesday: Indie

Have I got a glitter bomb of a manicure for you guys!
One of my favorite things about Indie polishes is that they have such different looks to them than mainstream, big-brand polishes have.  You couldn't get jewel-encrusted nails like this with just any polish!  I used Julep's Amber as a quick base for this (mattes make for fabulous quick drying bases!), then a single layer of Hot Mess's Aquanet, with Hello Dolly by Pretty & Polished on the tips in a glitter gradient.
The mega-hexes of Aquanet make me inordinately happy, and the super-glittery lilac of Hello Dolly, coupled with the freshness of the matte white glitter is a thing of wonder and a joy forever :)  I love indie polishes; you get to support small business, you get polishes that just don't exist in the mainstream market, and you get to have a great time combining them to make your very own fancy nail jewelery!


I'm really honored to be able to participate in Artsy Wednesday, and you should all DEFINITELY check out these other, very talented Artsy Wednesday participants.  

3 comments: